Sunday 15 May 2016

DAY 1

Getting ready for this trip was probably the most relaxed ever - probably because I started orgaanising things a few days in advance instead of leaving it to the last minute as I often do.

Yemmy2 by the tumbling river
I was  away by about 9.30 and enjoyed a lovely drive through country Victoria. It's very green at the moment and it was lovely to see all the sheep grazing on the newly sprouted grass.

It took a while to get into my relaxed, but alert, driving mode. where I constantly scan the countryside from left to right - taking in the road ahead as I do so. I usually spend the first part of the first day wondering what I've forgotten but, so far, I can't think of anything. I'm sure Murphy is on board because a couple of times I missed Tom TomTom's turning direction and got the dreaded 'Do a U-turn When possible".

The camping spot we enjored one Easter was blocked of as they were doing tree surgery but I've found a nice spot right by the river - I believe it's the King.

Tomorrow I'm heading into the mountains with Jindabyne my planned stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment