Sunday 3 July 2016

Day 49

The move went according to plan and even after doing some shopping at IGA, I was on site here by 11am.

John and Jane were not happy with their site as they were right next to the road so they decided to only stay for three nights. As I'd only booked for the week to be with them I decided to stay for just the three nights as well and revert to my earlier plan of spending a few nights at the free camp at Lake Elphinstone near Glendon.

This will suit me fine as the one night I spent there last year convinced me it was worth revisiting although I don't fish and that's what a lot of people do there.

The scooter is unloaded so I'll be able to a bit of exploring the local scene tomorrow.

We had happy hour at my place tonight for a change as I'm in a nice grassed area with lots of trees. This park has lots of replicas of animals scattered throughout the grounds and on roofs of buildings - I'll get some pics tomorrow.

It's good having an oven in Yemmy2 as I was able to heat a meat pie for tea. And for desert some of Sara Lee's lovely carrot cake.

With excellent mobile phone coverage here I was able to have calls to Chris and Jackie. It's also great to have fast Internet speeds again after the hit and miss at Cape Palmerston for the past week.



No comments:

Post a Comment